Where is Jamie Fuller today? All you need to know

Jamie Fuller

In the fall of 1992, Jamie Fuller was only 17 years old when he was convicted of first-degree murder. Just a year earlier on August 23, 1991, a 16-year-old Fuller fatally stabbed and stomped on his 14-year-old girlfriend Amy Carnevale in jealousy and anger. The pair had been in an on and off relationship for two years.

Fuller proceeded to cover Carnevale’s deceased body in plastic, weighted it down with cinder blocks, and buried it in a pond. He then went on to blackmail and threaten his friends who had witnessed and heard the crime. Five days later, the police found Carnevale’s body and arrested Fuller. After being tried as an adult, he was sentenced to life imprisonment without parole in 1995.

Jamie Fuller has been incarcerated at the maximum-security prison in Walpole, Massachusetts

The murder of a young cheerleader in the woods by her teenage boyfriend caused a stir in the news and community of Beverly, Massachusetts. According to the prosecution, Jamie Fuller had committed the crime in a ‘jealous rage’ after learning that Amy Carnevale had gone on a trip to a beach in Gloucester with a group of friends which also included boys.

The defense, however, claimed that Fuller’s anger and instability came from long-term abuse of steroids and alcohol. Fuller’s mother also testified that he had been drinking whiskey on the morning of the crime. But after a seven-day trial and two days of deliberation, the jury found him guilty of Carnevale’s murder.

After the verdict was announced, Fuller maintained that he did not know why he killed her, saying:

“I can’t really explain why. I wasn’t in the right state of mind, I guess… There are no words to explain how sorry I am. I killed someone I loved very much.”

While serving his life sentence at Concord State Prison in New Hampshire, Fuller made a failed attempt to escape prison in August 1993. Since then, he was transferred to the maximum-security prison in Walpole to serve the remainder of his sentence.

After serving 26 years in prison, Jamie Fuller became eligible for a parole hearing in 2019 – He was 43 years old

Following the controversial decision of the Supreme Judicial Court in 2013 to deem life sentences without parole for juveniles unconstitutional, Jamie Fuller was approved for a parole hearing on February 12, 2019.

At 43 years old, he was scheduled to appear at the Parole Board headquarters in Natick. However, the parole hearing was postponed indefinitely and there have been no further updates about the situation in the news. Hence, it is not confirmed whether Fuller was granted parole or not.